Friday, March 14, 2014

What-What?! Week of March 16th

This past week has been pretty busy.  I've been at work early the whole week, which has been somewhat stressful trying to create enough activities to fill up all the hours.  Consequently, I have almost nothing prepared for this post.  I have also been sunburned often.  I need to find a new sunscreen, because mine smells too much.  The day that I first wore it, one of my kids looked around and said "it smells like the beach?".  Ha!  I didn't tell him it was me.

Yahoo! Voices published an article of mine, Your Child and the Fourth Grade Reading Slump, which they paid me upfront for!  Yeah!  That's the first time, ever.  So that's pretty brilliant.  After reviewing some spreadsheets, I've also found that my Amazon.com ebook has been making about 2-4 sales a month, which isn't bad for something that I consider a learning experience.

I recently read the kids the book Rosie Revere, Engineer; at the end of the book, my daughter asked me what an engineer is.  So after I explained that it's someone who builds things, both she and Corwin (my older boy) piped up saying how they want to be engineers.  Then they began listing the things that they want to make:  A convertible (car), boat, airplane, submarine, helicopter, computer, and a boat/car/airplane hybrid (of course).  Also, mechs.  So that's pretty cool.  Saffron was pretending to be an engineer a few days later, and had a few books that she was pretending to read plans out of.

News: New Lotus Motorcycles Look Like Tron via Yahoo! Tech

Lotus C-01 Hyperbike
This "hyperbike" amuses me greatly.  If not for Top Gear, I'd probably have no idea who Lotus is (they make the Elise and the Exige, both beautiful cars).  Sadly, Lotus is only going to make 100 C-01 motorcycles.

Bubblegum Crisis motorcycle
The 80's are calling, yo'.
Designed by Daniel Simon, who designed the motorcycles from Tron: Legacy.  The style itself reminds me of a cyberpunk anime from the late 1980s, Bubblegum Crisis.  The motorcycles from the show are what originally turned me on to motorcycles as a cool thing (however, the reminder of my own mortality soon caught up with me).

(imgs via Yahoo, zerochan)

No comments:

Post a Comment