Saturday, March 8, 2014

What-What?! Week of March 9th

Had an ant apocalypse earlier this week:  The husband had gone to school, so I was home with the children.  I ate dinner, we did crafts at the kitchen table, the kids drove cars on the floor, and so on.  It gets to be bed time, I get them ready and all put down.  I had started to clean up toys on the table, when, for some reason (kicked a toy maybe?), I looked down at the floor.  That's when I realized that there were about a trillion ants all over.  Words were said.  It took me a long time to get everything cleaned up, and there were still ants the next day.  Bother.

I wrote an article -- it's in submission limbo, though, waiting for an editor to review it before it is published.  I'm quite pleased with it and excited for when I can post a link next week (maybe the week after, depending).  You might have also noticed that I added a "Movie Reviews" tab at the top, where I list all the reviews I've done so far.  I've got it divided into children's and adult films, so that way you don't have Ripper Street comingling with the likes of My Little Pony.

News:  Wal-Mart Investing in USA Made Products via MSN Money

Wal-Mart store in Secaucus, New Jersey, Jin Lee, Bloomberg via Getty Images
This is one of those things that sounds better than it actually is.  Wal-Mart is expanding the amount of made in America products they sell by about $5 billion a year over the next ten years.  It sounds like a big number, until you remember that we're talking about Wal-Mart; $5 billion only accounts for a paltry two percent of what the company spends on stock at American stores each year.  On the other hand, according to an interview with Wal-Mart's Senior Vice President, the company currently spends two-thirds of merchandise costs on domestic products (for U.S. stores).

Geeky Stuff:  My Little Pony -- Petite Pony Prancing Pretty Carousel Playset

My Little Pony Petite Ponies Carousel
Now say that five times fast. :P  Last week, while at my parent's house, I unearthed some old toys of mine, with the intention of letting my kids play with them.  Well, besides my Playmobile, I found my Petite Pony Carousel set.  This is a hard to find item that Hasbro made in 1989-90, which my parents bought for me at a garage sale, I think.  I don't have the complete set, but I really loved it as a kid, and was overjoyed to find it now.




(img via MSN Money)

No comments:

Post a Comment