Saturday, July 5, 2014

What-What?! Week of July 6th

This week was pretty exciting.  The husband and I took the kids and a friend to the Woodland Park Zoo, which is discussed in this another post.  We had a great time.

We finished getting our car stuff figured out, which was more difficult than getting ourselves licensed, but still not overly so.

Peter now has a job, which he'll be starting this coming week.  It will be nice to have income again.  I'm still looking for a job, but that's neither here nor there.

Writing: My Newest eBook is Published!

I finally finished writing, editing, converting tables and graphs to images, creating a cover, description, and so on.  Now Specialty Grocery Retail Industry Leader Profiles has been published, and is available on Amazon as an eBook.  It covers the leading companies in the specialty grocer industry, with an emphasis on their target markets and how they market themselves.  It's pretty academic, so I expect I'll start getting sales when universities start back in session.

News: Bolivia CongressClock Altered to Turn Anti-Clockwise via BBC News


This is... well, this is just kind of odd.  I mean, it's not something that I wouldn't expect from a country like Bolivia, because little countries like this tend to have some odd aspects.  The idea of it is to question norms and to encourage creativity, as well as the mindfullness that this is a country in the south, not the north.  The north versus south thing I'm not entirely sure what to make of, but I get placing value on creativity.  Of course, is creativity good when it takes a useful object (a clock) and makes it difficult to use?  I'm not so sure.  There are certainly clocks that are art first and functional second, so I suppose this falls into that category.

No comments:

Post a Comment