Sunday, August 17, 2014

What-What?! Week of August 17th

Peter dug out his copy of the Chronicles of Amber, which I started reading.  I made it through the first book in about... 3 days.  Yep, I still like 'em. :D

I took the two big kids back to the library this week; I expect that when it starts raining, we'll probably spend a fair amount of time there.  The indoor play area really encourages just hanging out and spending time there.

I spent more time this week writing; I now have a few articles that I'll be posting in the next week or two.  Yay for progress!

No odd jobs to post this week, but I did see a listing here in Seattle that was literally for a ditch digger.  Digging ditches.

News: Michele Carragher Embroidery for Film and TV



Browsing on Reddit last week, I stumbled upon the woman that does the embroidery for the Game of Thrones show.  While I have no interest in the show, the costuming is brilliant.  There are so many great close-up photographs on this website that I haven't seen them all yet.
Carragher actually has a few videos and tutorials of how she creates these works of art.  The methods that she uses to create Daenerys' dragonscale dresses are pretty simple, but combined look very distinctive.


The best, though, are the animals that she creates.  Her selection of insects is just fantastic.

...also, the birds, and the fish:

I love those fish.  They are so fishy. :D

Go check out her website, but make sure you have some time first.

No comments:

Post a Comment