Sunday, September 7, 2014

What-What?! Week of September 7th

This week was a mixed bag.  Labor day went really well; the husband barbequed, which was good, we went shopping at the thrift store, and generally relaxed about the house.  But, I didn't get a job that I really wanted.  The interview felt like it would have been a great fit, the commute was pretty good, the pay was enough... but it was not meant to be, I suppose.

I've discovered the /r/Economics sub on Reddit.  The posts are pretty interesting, and the conversation is actually pretty educated.  Of course, it's economics, which is the "dismal science", so it's pretty depressing, too. :P

Thrift Store Love


My mother gave me her set of Pyrex mixing bowls, which I absolutely love.  However, a while after I'd owned it, I found out that the Cinderella mixing bowl sets actually came with four bowls, not the three that I had.  Browsing at the thrift store this past week, I spied the last bowl I needed for a complete set.  The bowl (it's the largest white bowl) is not in the best condition, having some scratches and silverware marks, but I'm going to try a few things to improve it.  It was a very lucky find!

Other than that, Saffron and I had gone earlier in the week, and found the perfect clothes to turn into a costume for her.  This Halloween, she'd like to dress up as Elsa from Disney's Frozen, wearing her coronation day dress.  Here's a pic of the dress, versus what we picked out to use:
The purple dress we're going to use for her cape is just about perfect, since the gathering at the neck and the flutter sleeves make it look like a cape on her already.  I just have to hem it and add a fastener at the neckline.  Saffron's excited for Halloween now. :)

(images via pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment