Sunday, April 19, 2015

What-What?! Week of April 19th

Howdy, howdy, howdy. :P

I have basically nothing to post about this week.  The husband and I spent all of yesterday at the house, putting in flooring.  We were there until 9pm, and we're still not done (ARGH).  We are down to the tiniest section, but after we realized what time it was last night, we decided that everyone was too tired to stay there any later.  I have no pictures of any of this process; was too busy trying to get flooring down.  I'll post some finished pictures later, for sure.  Today, we'll finish that up, clean up all the copious amounts of carpet bits floating around, and work on baseboards.

Earlier this week, we battled water getting into the house through the backdoor.  That's fixed well enough for right now.  I can't seem to get our garbage pick up figured out.  We are required to pay for it, but dang if I can't get them to do what they say they will.  They told me we could keep the previous tenant's bins, but then they were picked up and taken away.  They told me that they'd schedule us to get new bins, but then they didn't drop them off.  I have called them at least once a week since we took possession of the house.  Good grief. D:

My kids did this Friday night.  Pretended to be knights and robots.  Won't be long before cereal boxes won't fit on their heads anymore.  Then what'll they do?

Saffron, walking like an Egyptian:

Okay, enough children.

Current plan is to move next weekend.  I hope it actually happens.  Even if we don't get quite everything moved, we'll still have ownership of the apartment for a bit, so it's not an emergency if stuff is left.

No comments:

Post a Comment