Sunday, June 7, 2015

What-What?! Week of June 7th

Today is Sunday... and it's actually Sunday, unlike Thursday, when it was actually Wednesday.  I don't know how I lost track of days so badly last week, but I did. :P

Yesterday, the husband and I took the kids to a community event -- "Healthy Communities Challenge Day".  There were a bunch of local (generally -- Wells Fargo was there...?) health-related organizations and businesses, with games to play and things like that.  One of the local pediatric dentists was there, and I'll probably take the kids there soon; I hadn't taken them anywhere in Everett because I couldn't find anyone that had reviews I was satisfied with.  The local librarians were there with info on their summer reading program, so we picked up papers to do that.  It's a ten hour program, and I'm confident that Saffron will blow through it (that kid reads).  Ozzy got a new rubber ducky, Saffron got a Frisbee, and Corey got a piggy bank.  Also, new balloons and a mini beach ball.  Our house is loud.

There was also some firemen, with their truck:



Last Monday was my birthday, and I got books, mostly; the original Dragonlance Trilogy, The Warlock in Spite of Himself, and The Turnip Princess and Other Newly Discovered Fairy Tales.  The last one is probably the most interesting, but I haven't had the time to sit down with it yet.  Saffron has read quite a few of the stories, though.  My parents got me the Guardians of the Galaxy movie, which we still haven't seen (gonna watch it today, when we can all sit down to see it).
I had a giant chocolate cake.  It was very sweet.

Today, the husband is going to put in a new range hood, which will be exciting, since it involves electrical work.  He also mowed more of the backyard yesterday, and it continues to look even more massive, now that 1/3 isn't covered in tall weeds.  I'm going to set Saffron to work on raking it all up; she likes doing it, and who am I to argue with that?

It's been hot here.  By hot, I mean 80 degrees, so not that hot, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment