Sunday, August 9, 2015

What-What?! Week of August 9th

Oh my goodness, I am so embarrassed!  I totally forgot that today was Sunday. >.<

Thursday, we picked up 75 pounds of peaches from a local farm.  It was a screaming good deal, and I'm sure we won't run out of peaches for a good long while.  Today, Saffron and I blanched 25 pounds of them, and then the husband and I cut 'em up and froze them.  It is so convenient to have a kid who's big enough to help out in the kitchen.  I'm not at the point of trusting her with a paring knife, but she was fine washing and stacking peaches for me.  Eventually these peaches will be turned into cobblers, jam, crisps, put on top of ice cream, and so on.

Yesterday, the husband barbequed us some beef and chicken... and peaches!  We ate them as dessert, with brown sugar and cream.  I have been wanting to try this forever, and we are totally doing it again.

Lowe's Build and Grow

Saturday, I took the kids to Lowe's for the Build and Grow event.  We wound up taking them home and doing them here, because the local Lowe's just has an abysmal setup.  This week's project was the Hulk's tank, though Osric kept referring to him as "the ork".  I blame World of Warcraft and Lord of the Rings. :P
Must... not... eat... truck!
In other news, last week we planted flowers and cucumbers, and now have flowers sprouting by our front door!  The kids have been helping, and are really excited.  No sign of cucumbers yet, but I'm sure we'll see something soon.  Next week I'll see about taking some pictures of our planter box and flower sprouts, for sure. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment