Saturday, September 19, 2015

What-What?! Week of September 20th

ARRR!  Yesterday was International Talk Like a Pirate Day!  YAR.

We didn't do too much, though.  We had pirate ship sandwiches, which we ate too fast to take pictures of (oops).
Peach pie.  YUM!
This past week, I actually did some cooking.  I made the grossest vegetarian chili, which the husband says wasn't too bad, but I was thoroughly disgusted by.  It had good bones, but I have to do some research before trying again.

We picked up a lot of apples, which we're eating, and will turn into applesauce or other things.  I made a caramel cream cheese dip yesterday that turned out really delicious with these apples.  I bet graham crackers would be fantastic, too.

The kids did some craft stuff.  I printed out some coloring pages, then put them into sheet protectors.  Then the kids could add decorations using playdough.  Surprisingly, the one who was most into it was Corwin.  Saffron tends to be more art-oriented, but this just caught Corey's imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment