Sunday, November 8, 2015

What-What?! Week of November 8th

This past week has been nothing but miserable.  The baby and the husband are sick, and have been up every night coughing.  So none of us grown-ups have gotten any sleep, and neither has the baby.

We have eaten a lot of salads with dinner, though.  Of course, we've also balanced that out with lots of Halloween candy. :P

This coming week, we have a Lowe's Build and Grow event, and also picking up our 40 pounds of Zaycon chicken.  Since my father-in-law also brought us a bunch of meat when he was visiting, I have no idea how we're going to fit it in the freezer.  The husband and I keep joking about bringing them home and then putting 'em directly on the barbeque.  We'll see...

So I did this...

Yes.  I did this.

What is this?

This is Udacity's Front-End Web Developer Nanodegree.  It's a nine-month program that I've completed over the last five months.  I now have a portfolio, and a lot of projects, and a selection of what can only be described as bits and bobs.  In the middle of all this, I've done some freelance work, which I've also just completed.  My last client actually asked if he could pass my name along to some of his friends who are also business owners, so more work may be forthcoming from that avenue.  Of course, my expectation for freelance work is very similar to what's described on The Oatmeal's post, How a Web Design Goes Straight to Hell, but so far I've been pleasantly surprised.

So there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment