Sunday, February 14, 2016

What-What?! Week of February 14th

Happy Valentine's everyone!  Hope you get to spend time with the ones you love. <3

So this week has been very exciting.  We went hiking on Tuesday, and then I started my new job on Wednesday.  I haven't had to get up early in the morning in well over a year, and it's going to take some time to get used to that.  Unfortunately, the office tends to run early, so I'm one of the few there when I leave.  I might slowly switch over to an earlier schedule, but for now the schedule I have is as good as I can do.

Yes, there are programming books holding open the blinds.  They were like that when I got there.
But I do get my own office!  For now, anyway.  My boss is looking to hire another developer, and I'll probably have to share.  There is plenty of space in there, though.  There's another full-sized desk on the left.

Otherwise, it was a pretty quiet week at work.  I'm learning how to use the software, which is pretty complicated.  It's going to take a good while to really learn it.  I'm being paid to, though, so that's fine. :P

Hiking: Skagit Wildlife Area

There are lots of ducks and a blue heron in this picture.  Not that you can see them.
This is a different hike from last time, and a lot nicer one, too.  The trails were a bit muddy, but not overly so like the last place we went to.  There was tons of wildlife to look at; a blue heron, snow geese, bald eagles (in their nests), lots of mallard ducks, sandpipers, a loon, and I saw an otter.  The sun was shining, and overall it was lovely.
There's an eagle in one of these trees.  Not that you can see it, but it's there.
Unfortunately, our phone cameras were too crappy to really see much of anything in the pictures we took.

Hiking.
Snow geese in the distance.
Snack time!

Mount Baker, covered in snow.
This is a hike that we'd do again, for sure.  It was easy to get to, a pretty short drive, the trails were in good condition, and there was plenty to look at.


No comments:

Post a Comment