Sunday, June 12, 2016

What-What?! Week of June 12th

So I didn't post on Thursday because I couldn't find any pictures.  Imagine that?  The kids have been too busy outside, or reading, or playing with toys.

Last weekend, it was sunny, so we decided to plant some plants.

First, the husband put up the canopy.  The children watched.

Because we don't have a place to put the plants yet, we made some starter containers out of apple containers from Costco.  The husband punched a hole in the bottom of each, so there would be drainage.

Then we lined the containers with newspaper, and added dirt.

 


We planted radishes and cucumbers.  Wednesday, the husband went to the store and picked up lumber to make a planter box, but we haven't gotten round to putting that together yet.  The radishes have already sprouted!

In other news, I finally got around to putting together the Lego set the husband got me for my birthday:
The dragon is adorable!  And very articulated.  It's now living perched on my computer monitor.  I really love this set -- it has a lot of neat little details.  Seriously thinking about getting the kids each their own dragon set for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment