Sunday, June 25, 2017

What-What?! Week of June 25th

Well, the weather is finally nice!  It is lovely and warm... and should hit 93 degrees today.  So time to bust out the squirt guns and sprinkler, I guess.

Friday night, the husband and I cleaned out the dryer ducting, because the dryer wasn't doing anything.  That was fun -- the ducting makes a total of four 90 degree turns, so it was difficult to get anything out.  We bought a brush on a pole thingy, which is advertised to bend around corners, but we couldn't get it through the ones at the far end... so then the husband crawled under the house, disconnected the ducting before the third turn, and I operated the brush thingy while he gathered up the refuse in a sack.  We got a fair amount of lint out, so I'm hoping that it will be massively improved.  But we haven't found out yet -- that is for later.

Last week, I went to Target and bought myself a Lego set with my birthday money:

Rosalyn's Healing Hideout, which features a dragon, a goblin guy with trap and cart, the elves Rosalyn and Naida, and Rosalyn's house.  I have one other Lego Elves set that also has a dragon -- I like that there's a lot of articulation, which allows a lot of expression.  Lego always includes a lot of nice details -- the cookpot and fireplace are great, as is the lookout on the second story of the house.  There is a hidden place to store treasure, and the branches on the tree swing inwards to 'hide' the second story lookout.

Osric and Corwin helped me build the first part:
Helpers.  Corwin would not make a normal face in any of the pictures I took, so here he is with big eyes.

And I built the rest in the evening while enjoying some drinks.

Overall, 10/10 would do again.

I plan on putting it up on the shelf that we put up in the living room that's our 'not-mantle'... after I make space for it.  >.>


No comments:

Post a Comment